Oakleigh Forest Civic Association, Inc.
Minutes of the OFCA Board Meeting
February 13, 2017
Meeting Began at 7:04
Present: Bill Goodman, Jason Mallare, Kurt Heydt, Zandra Reynolds, Jessica Hermanstorfer, Tim Staines, Carey Hill, Lisa Hussey, Frank Cingel, Mike Garland, and Natalie Staines
- 2 households that were delinquent paid previous dues. They still owe for this year as well
- Social ended up with over $ 500 in surplus for 2016
- Minutes were approved
- All Community Meeting is March 15, 2017 at 7 pm
- Nov: signage on McKinsey replacement
- Signs: Beltsville option (Duff signs) - same sign as on Arundel Beach but smaller OR new design in different sizes; also a no soliciting sign
- They have a special vandalism removal procedure
- Review sign design by next meeting
- Possibly put older sign in Karp Ct
- Starting contract w Wayne in March: mulch priorities (entrances, pool beds)
- Lead removal signs: should not allow on common grounds (minimal)
- Greater Severna Park reached out over New air traffic patterns
- Dumpsters - Noon July 24th till July 26th at 8 am
- Greater Severna Park Council called about Air traffic patterns and noise
- Yard sale dates and volunteers TBD
- General meeting promo will occur
- There are a lot new home owners in community we will be greeting
- No need for the Ice Eaters yet this year
- 70 households have paid dues
- Not all Robinson Landing residents are paying their dues
- We made a $442 donation to SPAM
- Community Center has decided to add a summer swim team
- The board voted and it was a tie. President of the league broke the tie and let the community center joining our league. Berrywood has hired an attorney. We are partnering with Berrywood. The ESPL has ignored the bi-laws to allow them in the league. This is our argument.
- Mary Duncan agreed to do playground
- Looking to do a plaque at the center strip for Liz
- Dogs are going to the bathroom at the entrance at McKinsey. We need to get them to stop.
- Fence for Pool. Voted on fence by Deck and Fence connection. This is $8400.
- Electronic Directory - Other neighborhoods use a private log in on their sites or Next Door. The neighborhoods that have a private log in on their site opt in. Tim and Frank can have a conversation off line to see what is possible.
Ended 8:17 PM
Jessica Hermanstorfer, OFCA Secretary