Oakleigh Forest Civic Association, Inc.
Minutes of the OFCA Board Meeting
September 11, 2017
Meeting Began at 7:02
Present: Bill Goodman, Kurt Heydt, Zandra Reynolds, Jessica Hermanstorfer, Tim Staines, Kurt Emrich, Carey Hill, and Mike Garland
- 88% of dues are collected, expecting about $2500 more in delinquencies.
- Pool cash balance is $12k higher than this time last year
- We used the $500 carry over from social
- Have a lot of OFCA cash
- We have an extra $5000 for repair needs still we can spend.
- See report
- Premiere has not been doing the treatments they agreed to. Have not kept up with the agreement, but are not charging us. Looking to use someone else.
- Keeping Jamaica Bay to mow
- Using a new landscaper for the pool, and two entrances
- May need a group this fall to help out with plants and bushes
- Kelly C will lead luminaries
- Working on Pig Roast
- Looking at what to do for kids
- Invite for Pig Roast is going out this week
- Makenzie is running the Halloween Party
- Would like to buy two coolers for the social events
- Lights are an on-going issue. 3 lights are out and one won't go out.
- Talked to Anne Arundel county about resurfacing our roads. We are not the top priority, but will come out and inspect again. Per Mr. Calhoun of the Northern district.
- Things people would like done: fix pig pit, new records board, and swings
- Items that need to be fixed and the cover will be done tomorrow. To include new anchors. Cover appears to be in good shape.
- Swings the chains are not in good shape. Would be nice to replace. $50 a swing. So approved to fix.
- Successful community meet and greet
- Sandwich boards will announce community meeting
- Online directory - we need to have a discussion in November
- Mary stepped up to do the nominating committee
- Fall Community Meeting - 10/24/17 at 7 pm
- Fence around dumpster approved and to be built
- Chatter in Severna Park - Keeping an eye on what is said about the community
- Olympics coordination on schedule
Jessica Hermanstorfer, OFCA Secretary