Oakleigh Forest Civic Association, Inc.
Minutes of the OFCA Civic Meeting
March 15, 2017
Meeting Began at 7:33
Present: Bill Goodman, Kurt Heydt, Jessica Hermanstorfer, Kurt Emrich, Carey Hill, Marie Tuccille, Frank Cingel, Mike Garland, Kim Goodman and Natalie Staines
- Projected to spend about $5500 more than we are bring in this year. This is good because of the Capital Improvement Money
- We have collected 72 households of dues this year and 18 households of delinquent dues
- 4 Households that owe $2000 or more
- $2250 from 2016 delinquent households
- All same contracts and companies working on grounds
- Should be about the same price as last year
- Leaf removal and mulch will be slightly more expensive
- Will need help for mulching at the pool to spread, an e-mail will come out when ready
- Posted the social events on the OF Website
- 4/8 is the Easter Egg hunt being run by Mary Duncan
- Pig Roast is a week earlier this year - 10/13-10/14
- Fence is going in at the pool on Friday
- Half way done the stone in front of the grill
Jen Roberts, Kim Goodman
- About the same amount of members this year.
- Replaced the bathroom floors, bearings on Pool Pump motor, pool lights and filters this year.
- We re-strapped 39 of our 40 + lounge chairs
- Some new neighbors to be greeted.
- 4 or 5 new home owners
- Great playground clean up
- We had 1 truck load of wood chips
- Cleaned up Volleyball court
- Looking to split some wood
- Did not paint or power wash
- We need new tarps for over the wood piles (3 are about $17 each). Get brown to blend in.
- Would like to build a sand box for the kids. WE could build ourselves.
- We need a Railroad tie or something by the Whittier and the playground to keep the mulch from running.
- We have water now at the waterfront
- Trying to get boats out of the parking lot by Easter Egg Hunt
- Boat ramp - the edges are crumbling and where the two slabs are supposed to meet. Should it be replaced. We will start looking this year.
- Will be doing some Spring cleaning this year
- 4/30 is swim team sign up, getting new swim caps this year
- Need a new reel and lane lines for the pool
- Hoping the community would donate $1500 to the swim team for the reel, only have enough for the lane lines.
- 207 e-mails we blast out. 19 homes that do not have e-mail and want paper copies of communications
- Capital Fund Work Group - We need a group to look at Capital Fund work that we need. Chris Hirt and Tricia Brazill volunteered.
- Basketball Rims look like they are getting bent. Can we replace?
- 2017 Olympics - Meeting set up for the event.
Jessica Hermanstorfer, OFCA Secretary