Oakleigh Forest Civic Association, Inc.
Minutes of the OFCA Board Meeting
April 11, 2021
Meeting Began at 5:07 pm
Present: Jennifer Roberts, Kim Goodman, Carey Hill, Andrew Jacobs, Anne O'Grady, John Currence, and Stephanie Whitehead
- Call to order
- Quorum verified
- Minutes were approved
- See about additional electronic options to pay community dues (2022)
- Need to clarify budget areas and to and possibly give people the choice to contribute extra specific to projects or areas too
- Three Construction requests- 1) Burns fence – approved 7-0, 2) Whitehead addition- approved-7-0, 3) Tom- 102 Quinn Road- screened in porch over current deck approved 8-0.
- Submitted complaint to the county on Langlois to report the unregistered and inoperable cars
- Community Website- Brandon will be taking over from Frank. Will update it, make it more user friendly, community discussion boards, individual log in, community documents and so on.
- Got quotes on the grounds- Jose Landscaping will be the new landscaper contract for this year. Starts 4/15 will also include doing the playground
- Getting quote from Jose on splitting the wood
- Mosquito Man- account as a community expense
- 6/18 end of school year party
- For all future events we will try to generate revenue (ex. 50/50’s tend to generate money)
- Events to be specified for a certain project so people know what they are paying towards. Ex. Hot water heater for the pool
- Sand and benches need to be completed. Looking into either painting the benches or replacing them.
- Will get the wood chips from Bob- they are free
- Eddie filled the pot hole at the pool with dirt
- Getting asphalt quote for pool parking lot
- Petition the county to add storm drains on Whittier
- Main pump is done
- 50% of people completed the pool survey
- Lots of nonresident interest this year, possibly may be a waitlist
- Doug looking at the speakers
- Water is back on; there is a leak in hot water heater. Getting a new one, around $1100. Alex will install
- Board voted on the hot water heater being a community expense not pool expense. Unanimous vote- (8-0)
Meeting ended at 6:24 pm
Carey Hill, OFCA Secretary